5 Ways to Show Gratitude Using Social Media
“Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend.” -Melody Beattie
The month of November is labeled as National Gratitude Month.
What is exactly is gratitude?
By definition it is “a thankful appreciation for what an individual receives, whether tangible or intangible. With gratitude, people acknowledge the goodness in their lives. As a result, gratitude also helps people connect to something larger than themselves as individuals.”
Practicing gratitude in the midst of the chaos of work life and stress can have a such positive impact on people. With this in mind, gratitude also ties into that rewarding feeling that a person gets when they receive a positive comment or a like on a social media post. Ever wonder what it feels like to return that favor to a customer? Now that it is officially holiday season, there is no better time than now to show your customers appreciation through social media. This is a list of five unique ways to show your customers a little love and gratitude…
- Mention them: Being responsive and “@ing” your customers creates excitement for both you and the person being mentioned. It creates loyal customers and shows them that you care through such a simple gesture.
- Share their content: By “retweeting” a loyal customers tweets or “reposting” their Instagram pictures, it is not only exciting for them but it is beneficial for your business. It creates more content for you and chances of your business getting mentioned by other people increases.
- Shine the spotlight on your customers: Choose one customer per week to engage with. You can do this by making conversation over social media, reposting their content or sending them deals or discounts over the internet and posting about it.
- Engage with the community: Get out of your office on the weekends and do something charitable or beneficial for the people in your surrounding area. Make sure to post about it to show that your company is more than just a business and that you care for the people.
- Be available: Take time to answer any mentions or messages that you receive over social media. It is important to show people that you care about their questions and concerns.